The lovely people at Baking Mad got in touch to see if we would like to do a review for them on their new Askeys Butterscotch Treat Sauce and me having a very sweet tooth thought, why not! Its in a great squeezy bottle for you to just use as and when you like, also easy for children to put on their ice cream.
OK so i don’t think Delia or Nigella need to worry about me stealing their cooking fans but it tastes so good! So good in fact that I’m at work now and just had another slice with my lunch! The butterscotch treat sauce gives it a lovely sweet sticky texture to the base. Yum!
If you want to have a go at making this Askeys Butterscotch Treat Sauce cheesecake here is the recipe:
250 grams Soft Cream Cheese
200 grams Digestives (in crumbs)
150 grams Caster Sugar
50 grams Butter (Melted)
200 ml Double Cream
20 grams Gelatin – dissolved over hot water with 3tbs of water
Squeeze of lemon
1tsp Vanilla Extract
A generous squeeze of Askeys Butterscotch Treat Sauce
So some really simple steps:
- Mix the butter, Askeys Butterscotch Treat Sauce and digestive biscuits crumbs together and place in a 20cm spring based tin.
- Place this in the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes
- Whip the cream up till it starts to thicken up
- Mix the cream cheese & Sugar till is softens up then add to the cream
- Add the Gelatin, Squeeze of lemon & 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix this all together and pour over the biscuit base
- Chill for 4-6 hours or overnight
Then ta da you have one sweet yummy cheesecake! Enjoy 🙂
Why not head to http://www.bakingmad.co.uk/ to see what other great ideas you can find.