- 2 large Bramley apples
- 1 Lemon
- 350g Frozen blackberries
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 150g butter
- 50g Demerara sugar
- 100g Porridge oats
- Greek yoghurt with cinnamon to serve, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200c /gas mark 6
- Peel, core and chop the apples into small chunks. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the apple and mix well.
- Layer the apples, blackberries and Demerara sugar in a large pie dish.
- Place the flour in a large bowl and then rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the oats and caster sugar and mix through.
- Sprinkle the topping over the fruit and transfer to the oven for 30 minutes.
- Stir in a pinch of ground cinnamon into a pot of greek yoghurt and serve with the crumble.
Fiona’s Simple SkinTrition™ tip
Blackberries are rich in phytochemicals called anthocyanins which can help to strengthen the walls of tiny blood vessels and may help to prevent thread veins.