As another year draws to a close and Kayleigh and Ethan get that little bit older it’s made me realise how fast time is going.
So with the new year almost here I’m going to make our Mummy Vs Work household bucket list!
- Get a full-time job – I have my new role currently and it is looking like I will have a contract extension however I really need to find a full-time job to make sure I have that security and if I can get that by the middle of the year that would be amazing.
- Bake weekly – Working so much means that we very rarely get to bake together anymore so I plan on making it a weekend activity (around gymnastics and everything else!) I don’t want to just do fairy cakes though so hoping to look at some of my favourite food blogs The Crazy Kitchen and Mummy Mishaps for some inspiration and hopefully find some new food we like to make and eat!
- Family Friday Fun Time – Santa kindly brought Kayleigh and Ethan some new board games (Pop up Pirate, Boom Boom Balloon and KerPlunk) and during our time off we’ve enjoyed having no technology at times whilst playing these together and having some giggles. We’re planning on popping to toys r us to spend the last of their Christmas money so we can get a few more games.Kayleigh and Ethan have loved learning to play the different games and its a time that we can just enjoy each others company.
- Get fit and eat healthy – For ages I’ve been battling to get fit but its hard, really hard. I’m restricted to what exercise I can do with the dodgy shoulder (ruling out anything that requires pressure on the shoulder or swing it around) and to compensate I tend to eat junk food as a treat when I’ve done a little work out! However the new tablets I’m on add weight and the amount of poop I’m eating hasn’t helped!
So I’m planning on creating my own little cardio workout which means I can tone up without causing more pain on the shoulder but also I’m ditching the fizz. I’m a cola addict and drink far too much so that’s got to go! I also need to stop being so lazy and ditch the takeaways, there is no more excuses and blame games. I take full responsibility for my diet in 2014!
- Watch Me Grow – On the first of the month I’m going to take a picture of Kayleigh and Ethan and there on I will do another one each month till the end of the year. I want to capture how much that change over the year and not forget those moments from each month.
- Blog Overhaul – Over the last few months I’ve not had a huge amount of time to blog properly so I want to get back into that this year. I finally crept into the top 100 of Tots 100 and it is an amazing feeling however with a quiet December I know I’m going to drop back down. I am however going to get back in the blogging seat and get back to just writing! Plus I want to give my blog a redesign this year too.
So that’s our 2014 bucket list – nothing major on there really but little changes to make a huge difference to our day-to-day life. Life is too short and the kids are growing up too quick and I want to make the most of our time together!
Have you got any plans for 2014?
This post may contain affiliate links – this does not influence the contents or cost you anything extra however we may receive a little compensation should you make any purchase