Following on from our previous recipe for chocolate Truffles from Waitrose recipe we then decided to make some easy festive shortbreads.
This recipe is easy to do and one that the kids will love, not to mention yummy!
- 125g butter
- 55g caster sugar, plus extra to finish
- 180g plain flour
- 1tsp vanilla Extract
- Heat the oven to 190c.
- Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth. Add the Vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour until it forms a dough, use you hand to form into a ball (you may need a little bit of water to help it bind) and place on a floured surface.
- Roll our until it’s about 1cm thick and cut into shape. Place this into the fridge to chill for about 20 minutes to help it keep shape whilst baking.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown.
- Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
Then all you need to do is pop the kettle on and relax with a cuppa and a yummy biscuit! Enjoy.