Today is the day we are all sitting around feeling a little bit on the podgy side after eating far too much food over the last couple of day and wanting to cook something really simple for dinner using up the last of the food from Christmas day.
This recipe is really simple and can be easily adapted to whatever you may have lying around in the fridge plus it takes a few minutes to prepare and stick in the oven whilst you relax!
- 500g Leftover turkey chunks/slices (would work with chicken too)#
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 carrot (thin slice)
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1 pack of puff pastry
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5
- Sweat of the carrot and oninion in a little oil until soft
- Add in the turkey
- Add in your stock and mix well (you can at this point add a little flour to thicken if you like)
- Drain off some of the sauce (keep this to one side as you can use it for a gravy if you want)
- Put in an oven proof dish
- Roll out the puff pastry and lay over the filling, this can be brushed with a mixed egg wash.
- Pop in the oven for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden
- Serve with new potatoes and enjoy
This dish really could be adapted to whatever you may have lying in the fridge such as leeks or peas but its so easy and versatile, everyone can enjoy!