The summer holidays may have just begun but your kids returning back to school will always be playing on your mind. You may think that with those busy mornings getting your kids ready for the school run, that the only option you have for your little girl’s hair is a ponytail. Think again. There are so many different hairstyles for you to choose which take minutes and allow them to steal a little bit of limelight in their new class.
The fishtail braid is a great look for their first day back. It is such an easy hairstyle that it may become one of your favourites for those rushed mornings. It works perfectly with short and long hair to achieve either a messy or neat look. Why not have a go and follow these few simple steps:
- First of all, add a few drops of anti-frizz products on to their hair
- Create a centre parting, splitting the hair into two equal halves
- Using the left hand side first, take a small strand of hair close to their ear and weave it over the left section and then under the right
- Repeat the same process with a strand of hair from the right hand side, weaving it over the right section and under the left
- Keep following these steps until you reach the end of your hair and secure with a hair bobble
Another hairstyle that is perfect for your little girl’s first day back at school is a messy bun. Again, this hair style is super simple, keeps their hair out of their face and can be done in minutes. Follow the three quick steps below or alternatively, take a look at Zoella’s YouTube video for more information. She has a great step by step tutorial which you can master.
- Tie the hair into a high pony tail
- Twist the hair and wrap it around the base of the ponytail and secure with a hair bobble
- Start to softly pull some hair out of your bun to add volume and secure with hair grips and hairspray
So what do you think of my two back to school hairstyles? If you have any go to hairstyles to make your morning all that easier, please comment below!
This is a guest post in return for sharing we have received some free John Frieda products.
This post may contain affiliate links – this does not influence the contents or cost you anything extra however we may receive a little compensation should you make any purchase