Sometimes in the blur of life you want to take the slow life and just chill.
Working so much lately means that the days that we do decide to be lazy, we are really lazy
In the evenings sometimes though we get to the point that we just can’t even be bothered to cook and tend to reach for the takeaway menus but what if I tell you that you don’t need to as I have the perfect beef rogan josh recipe that can be prepared in less than 20 minutes and left to cook for 2 hours in the oven or if you really want to put your feet up in the evening, stick this in the slow cooker in the morning and leave it for 6-8 hours or until you are ready to eat!
Cooking yummy food like this doesn’t have to cost a fortune though, this dish could easily feed 4 adults for less than £2 a head. Just make sure you go for some good quality diced beef and look out for Quality Assured lamb and beef in the supermarket by looking for the red tractor.
- 900g beef cut into chunks (you can use chicken or lamb, including left over lamb)
- 2 medium onions - sliced
- 2 peppers - cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 tbs curry powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 200ml beef stock
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- Fry the beef until it is browned in a large casserole dish
- Remove the beef and set aside, keeping it warm until ready to use
- Fry off the onions on a low heat in the dish for 10-12 until softened
- Add the peppers and fry for another couple of minutes
- Add the garlic, ginger and cinnamon and stir fry for 1-2 minutes
- Add the beef back to the pot, mix all ingredients together.
- Add the curry powder and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, stock and season.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat.
- Cover and leave to simmer for 2 hours.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and serve with rice.
- If you want to cook in the slow cooker after step 4 add all ingredients to the slow cooker, put the lid on and turn on to low for 6-8 hours
So there really is no excuse now to order in a takeaway again, this is not only quick, minimal fuss but friendly on the pockets too.
We have used the same recipe but had it with chicken and left over lamb and both of those were delicious too. Don’t worry I’ll be sharing some other yummy but quick recipes on the blog in the next few weeks.
If you are after some more inspiration at the today why not head over to Simply Lamb and Beef for some more great ideas.
Our lives over the last few months have been manic with so much going on but we are trying to make sure we have 1 day a week where we all just slow down, be it through watching movies or just letting the housework go.
Life goes too quick so make sure you make the most of your spare time!
So this weekend why not make yourself and the family take a ‘slow’ day, prepare something yummy that doesn’t require you to watch over it in the kitchen and either get out and enjoy the sunshine if you have it or if like us you are about to get rain why not make it a film day (psst Star Wars is out this weekend! )
This is a sponsored post