We are trying to make more food from scratch, not only because it tastes better but it also in the long run cuts costs.
So with that in mind I set Daddy Vs Work the task of trying to recreate some of our favourite dishes. If you are a reader of our blog you will know that we love our curries such as this beef rogan dish however thai food is one that we’ve never really attempted to make.
After a couple of different recipes and taking bits out of all of them, we have finally got a seriously tasty dish!
If you like your food with a bit of spice but also refreshing, give our thai green curry a try.
- 3-4 Chicken breast
- 100g Mushrooms
- 150g Asparagus
- 1/2 Small onion
- 2 Lemongrass stalks
- 3 Green chilies
- 2 pieces of lime rind
- 2 cm cube of ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 50g fresh coriander
- 1tbs thai fish sauce
- 1tsp ground coriander
- drizzle vegetable oil
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 small tin of coconut milk
- Pop all the paste ingredients into a food blender and blitz until it forms a paste consistency
- In a frying pan heat a little oil and cook off the chicken until it's starting to brown off
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a couple of more minutes
- Add the curry paste mix and stir it in well
- Add the coconut milk, stock and asparagus
- Bring to the boil then leave to simmer for 10 minutes
- Serve with rice and lime wedges