Our cookies recipe is a popular post, probably as it is so simple to follow and makes delicious cookies for the whole family. This weekend Kayleigh and I decided to adjust the recipe slightly though and turn them into Smarties cookies!
I mean, who doesn’t love Smarties cookies?!
These were actually surprisingly easy to make and didn’t really take much amendment from our original recipe to turn them into these ones. The good thing about this is we now have the option to make any sort of cookie we really want!
Here is the recipe for you to give these a try at home.
- 125g butter (room temperature)
- 100g light brown sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 200g Smarties
- Preheat the over to gas mark 4 (180 degrees)
- Cream together the butter and sugar until well mixed.
- Add the vanilla and egg, then mix
- Sift in the flour and salt, then combine well.
- Fold in the Smarties to get them well mixed but taking care not to smash them
- Roll into 12 even size balls
- Place on 2 lined baking sheets
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until just golden round the edges (these will come out soft to touch but will firm up when cooled.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to the wire rack to cool
If you have enjoyed this recipe, why not check out our other delicious baking ideas!