- 1 Large ripe mango, peeled and stone removed
- 125ml Orange juice
- 1/2 tsp arrowroot
- 15g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Demerara sugar
- 2 thick slices of fresh pineapple
- Seeds from one pomegranate to garnish
- To make the sauce place the mango and orange juice in a blender and puree until smooth. Place the puree in a small pan. Mix the arrowroot with a little cold water and add to the pan. Heat gently, stirring constantly, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Pre-heat the grill. Place the pineapple on a foil covered baking tray. Brush the pineapple with the melted butter, sprinkle over the sugar and place under a medium hot grill for 5 minutes.
- Place the pineapple on a plate, pour over a little of the sauce and serve warm, garnished with pomegranate seeds.
Fiona’s Simple SkinTrition™ tip
Mangoes are rice in beta-carotene which can help to protect the skin from damage by free radicals. tip
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link