This is on of the family favourites that always appears on our meal planning posts! It is very simple & very quick to do too, which is probably why I love it!
- 6 Sausages (adapt this to your family but both myself & my other half have 2 each and the children have 1 each)
- 1 onion, chopped.
- 1 tin green lentils
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 beef oxo cube & 100 ml water
- Shake of paprika
- Chilli flakes (if you wish to spice it up after the kids have their portion!)
- Fry off the sausages until they are cooked, then place to one side. Chop into chunks once it’s cooled.
- In a deep pan fry off the onion in a little oil until soft.
- Add the drained lentils & chopped tomatoes, leave to simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the oxo cube, water, paprika and sausage to the pan and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes. If you want to spice it up a little add the chilli flakes after taking the children’s portions out.
- Serve with rice.
This post may contain affiliate links – this does not influence the contents or cost you anything extra however we may receive a little compensation should you make any purchase