The party season is once more upon us, and so starts the routine of searching for the perfect party dress. But if you are anything like me, once the party season is over, the dress will just become another dress in the collection that have only been worn once, but are too nice to be given away. So this year, why don’t you make the following considerations when dress shopping?
1. Would it be suitable for any occasion other than a party?
2. Would I feel comfortable wearing this dress on a day to day basis?
If you are finding it hard to decide, here is your guide on how a dress can be changed just by changing the accessories.
To help me illustrate what I am talking about, I will be using this beautiful occasions dress. Here are the many ways it can be worn
• On its own, with bare legs and matching nude heels and cute silver jewellery. This look would be perfect for a party, and will certainly catch people’s eye, exuding confidence and sweetness. If you want to add even more sweetness, wear your hair curled in loose spirals.
• With a black cropped jacket, thick black tights, and patent leather heels. This look tells people that you are no nonsense, but also allows for a little cuteness. It would be perfect for an afternoon with your best friends.
• Team the dress with a thin white knitted cardigan, a thin white belt, floral jewellery, pale sandals and a floral hair band for the most adorable summery look. This look would be perfect for a picnic in the park of a glam summer party. Wear the hair messy for a really summery feel.
• How about if you are going on a date, or are looking for a partner? Then wear this dress with an elegant chiffon bolero and patent black heels. Wear natural or tan tights to give your legs and even and elegant look – no tights at all may look too eager. Draw attention to your best features – on a pale dress, use dark, bold accessories to draw the eye to the desired areas.
This is a guest post by Fever Designs.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link