Christmas, to some its about their faith, to others it’s all about family time but to some its about worrying at the spiraling cost of the big day.
Every year it’s getting more and more expensive as more gadgets and gizmos hit the markets which then means most people want to have the latest things for the big day.
As a parent I am finding it increasingly more expensive every year and therefore have started to stick to a few rules when it comes to Christmas shopping and I’m going to share them with you now!
- Shop around – It may seem simple but the amount of people I know who order the first time they see something then find out its cheaper elsewhere is amazing. With all the technology around, it takes minutes to shop around!
- Use Cash back sites – When I mention cash back sites people look at me like I’m barking mad. I’ve been using them for about 18 months now and have earned about £600+ ! In simple terms you go to a cash back site (Quidco & Topcashback are a few) then click-through to the site your purchasing from. Once you purchase from that site you then get a % back as per the cash back site you came from. It may take a while to come in but its a little bonus!
- Write a list – Nothing worse than present shopping without a list of who and what to buy. You tend to impulse buy otherwise which can be a costly mistake.
- Look out for offers – If you look around you will find a lot of things may come up on offer throughout the build up to Christmas. More importantly than that why not look at long-term deals.
This Christmas Tesco Mobile is offering families some of the best deals on handsets and tariffs. Most notably the Samsung Galaxy Ace – available for £12.50 a month including 500 free minutes, 5000 texts and 500 MB of data and the BlackBerry Curve 9320 – available on pay as you go for £125.
There is more to these Tesco Mobile deals though which are perfect for families.
- You can control your mobile spending with their capped tariff: This means that family members can’t use any more than their allocated monthly minutes, texts and data and you don’t end up with any nasty surprises on the bill at the end of the month.
- With two or more contracts you get extra perks with the Tesco Mobile Family perks offer – this means you can add all your family handsets onto one single bill and each member can choose from a selection of extra perks each month such as free texts, minutes or data.
- What’s more, if you’re a Tesco Clubcard customer, you’ll get triple points for every £1 you spend at Tesco Mobile (that’s a lot of Pizza Express vouchers – Clubcard members you know what we mean!)
So this means the kids can be happy they got the phone they wanted but Mum & Dad can be happy they got a great price with added benefits such as the capped minutes and triple clubcard points.
Don’t be daunted by the price of Christmas, it’s not about how much you spend but the thought you put into it.
This is part of the BritMums #XmasSavingTips project, sponsored by Tesco Mobile.
This post may contain affiliate links – this does not influence the contents or cost you anything extra however we may receive a little compensation should you make any purchase