Last week we received a box of goodies from Little Dish to allow us to enjoy their new tomato and veg sauce.
In our pack was not only a pot of the sauce and a packet of Little Dish mini tortellini with cheese and tomato but also a selection of recipes to use or inspire us in how we used the sauce.
I decided to go ahead and make :
Charlie the Chicken’s Cheesy Vegetable Bake
Serves 4 little ones
All you need is:
- 1 bag of Little Dish Mini Tortellini with Cheese and Tomato
- 1 pot of Little Dish fresh Tomato and Veg sauce
- 4 Stems of Broccoli
- 1 Carrot
- 30g Frozen Sweetcorn
- 10 spinach Leaves
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add a full bag of Mini Tortellini. Cook for 4 minutes
- while the pasta is cooking, dice the carrot into small cubes and chop the broccoli.
- Bring a second pan of water to the boil and add the carrot, broccoli and sweetcorn to soften, cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and the vegetables, then add to a deep casserole dish.
- Rip up some spinach leaves and mix through the pasta.
- Pour 1 pot of Little Dish fresh Tomato and Veg sauce over the top and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Place under a hot grill for a few minutes until the cheese is golden brown.
We have tried the tortellini before and I have to say I think they are super yummy (the kids love them too!). Their new sauce is crammed full of vegetables including butternut squash, red and yellow peppers and onion and to be honest it is one of the nicest pasta sauces we’ve eaten. It’s not overpowering but compliments the pasta well.
I think it would be suitable on other things as well as pasta, why not try it in bolognaise or creating your own tomato dish with it.
We really enjoyed our bundle from Little Dish and the recipe I shared above was so delicious that I’ve actually put the leftovers in the fridge for my lunch at work tomorrow.
You can find the Little Dish tomato and veg sauce at selected Tesco stores with it arriving at Waitrose and Ocado soon with a RRP £2.15.
Don’t forget they are also currently running a partnership with LEGOLAND® where Kids go Free with a full-paying adult. These tickets are available on all our meals and fresh filled pastas. This offer will be on pack throughout summer, perfect for exciting day trips for the whole family. With rides suitable for ages 2-12, there is something to entertain every little adventurer at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort, from the new DUPLO® Valley, to the world-famous LEGOLAND® Driving School. You can read more about it here.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link