With the festive season fast approaching we are all on the look out for those perfect gifts… to give and receive! So when I was offered the chance to review a Christmas Hamper I couldn’t say no.
I had never received food hamper at Christmas so when mine arrived I couldn’t wait to get inside.
You see hampers and they look the picture of luxury and it always makes you wonder if they arrive like that, mine did.
I received the Christmas Collection hamper from Hampergifts, it arrives set in a wicker basket with leather straps and handle so it starts of with that lovely feeling that it is packed full of goodies. Then you open it up to reveal:
- Torres Mas Rabell Tinto Catalunya, 2007/8, 75cl AWARD WINNER
- Maschio Dei Cavalieri Prosecco di Valdobbiadene, Italy 75cl
- Kleine Zalze Merlot, Stellenbosch, South Africa, 2008/9 75cl AWARD WINNER
- Vipra Bianca Grechetto-Chardonnay Umbria, Italy, 2008/9 75cl AWARD WINNER
- 4 x Deep Filled Iced Mince Pies 300g
- Baronie Dark Chocolate Mint Sticks with Pure Peppermint Filling 75g
- Green Thunder Creamy Mature Cheddar with Garlic & Garden Herbs 200g AWARD WINNER
- Traditional Brandy Christmas Pudding 100g
- Chocolaterie Diane Dark Orange Belgian Chocolate Truffles 100g
- Cottage Delight Strawberry Extra Jam 340 AWARD WINNER
- Edinburgh Preserves Rosemary Savoury Biscuits 150g
- Edinburgh Preserves Sweet Apple Chutney 100g
- Gascony Style Fruits in Honey Syrup 200g
- Lindt Excellence Chilli Intense 100g
- Crispo Superior Assorted Sugared Almonds 110g
- Olives Et Al Kiln Roasted Cajun Spiced Chilli Nuts 90g AWARD WINNER
- Hand Made Sundried Tomato & Sesame Biscuits 100g
- Sicilian Lemon Butter Cookies 100g
- White Chocolate Drops 150g
- Radfords Fine Fudge Clotted Cream Fudge 113g
- Walkers Dark Chocolate After Dinner Mints 200g
- The Wooden Spoon Cranberry & Orange Sauce 113g
- The Wooden Spoon Citrus Grapefruit & Lime Marmalade 42g
- Edinburgh Tea & Coffee Co. Medium Roast Coffee 56g
A lot of goodies!
First things first is the inital thoughts of the hamper. I have to say I am really impressed, if someone was to buy me this hamper I would feel very lucky to have received such a nice gift. Everything is well packed but it also looks and tastes amazing. They have gone through and thought of everything you might enjoy at Christmas when we all reach out for a little bit more luxury.
One of my favourite parts of this hamper however is the fact it’s not packed with things you’d see on multi buy in your local supermarket. Each product is carefully selected to link in with the next with lots of traditional and hand-made items in there giving you the real sense of a treat.
This hamper retails at £150 and I know that may be pushing the budget for some but it is a special gift and one that if you want to say thank you to that someone special I would highly recommend. We’ve started to enjoy the treasurers of this hamper however I’ve kept some back for the festive season.
For more Christmas hampers, take a look at the Hampergifts site.