So Whitworths have set the challenge to find your office star baker in the Great Office Bake Off.
There is lots going on at my work at the moment so no one is really in the baking mood however I got into the kitchen with the kids and tried out one of Whitworths recipes from the back of their sugar packet.
This week we attempted – Chocolate Brownies
- 100g Butter, cut into 1cm pieces
- 200g Good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 Large Eggs
- 175g Whitworths Dark soft brown sugar
- 75g Whitworths Fine Caster Sugar
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 30g Cocoa Powder
- 75g Peacan Nuts, chopped (we left these out)
- Preheat the oven to 180c, gas mark 3
- Line a 22cm square shallow tray with baking paper
- Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water
- Allow to cool
- Whisk eggs and sugars until light and fluffy
- Add chocolate mixture and stir well
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa into the bowl
- Add nuts and mix to combine
- Pour into the prepared baking tray
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until the top is cracked and the middle is just set
- Cool completely, then lift out of tray and dust with Whitworths twist and sprinkle icing sugar.
- Then enjoy!
These brownies were simply yummy, Kayleigh and Ethan pretty much devoured the whole thing!
With Great British Bake Off drawing to an end there is still time to take part in the Great Office Bake Off. Each week the challenges are getting harder so now is a good time to find out who really is the queen or king of baking in your office.
For more information on how to take part have a look at our previous post here.
We have been compensated for our time to do this however all content is our own.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link