Last week McCain got in touch to see if we would like to try out one of their new recipes that included their french fries.
After having a looking through what recipes they had we decided to go with the Crispy cod fish fingers, then just waited for our delivery to arrive.
Unfortunately since Thursday both myself and Ethan have been poorly however today I finally felt well enough to give it a go.
I must admit, don’t let the cornflakes put you off, this is a yummy recipe!
Preparation time: 5 mins Cooking time: 20 mins
400g fresh cod fillet cut into 8 strips
1 egg, beaten
100g cornflakes, crushed finely
480g McCain French Fries
Salad leaves and baby tomatoes
Dollop of mayonnaise
4 Tortilla wraps
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C / Gas Mark 9.
2. Place the crushed cornflakes in a dish.
3. Dip each fish strip into the egg and then into the crumbs to coat the pieces evenly.
4. Place the fish strips on a lightly oiled oven sheet.
5. Bake in the oven with the McCain French Fries for approx 15-20 minutes.
6. When the fish is cooked, take each tortilla and spread with some mayonnaise, salad
leaves, baby tomatoes and a few peas, add two fish fingers to each and make a roll.
7. Enjoy with McCain French Fries.
I used a little under 300g of cod with our recipe and it was more than enough for us.
The cornflakes added a lovely texture to the cod but made sure it remained lovely and moist. If cod is a little out of the budget for the week, Pollock is a great alternative.
Kayleigh isn’t a chip fan…. Unless it’s french fries with ketchup like McCain’s. These cooked up lovely with a little cruch.
Thank you McCain for sending us the ingredients for this dish but also for giving us a new recipe for the family to enjoy
This post may contain affiliate links – this does not influence the contents or cost you anything extra however we may receive a little compensation should you make any purchase