I am loving having a slow cooker again and this time I trying to be a bit more adventurous with our recipes in it and over the next few months I’ll be sharing on the blog.
One of our favourite meals to have is roast chicken however we tend to mix this up as either a full roast dinner with all the trimmings or just a nice chicken salad with new potatoes and salad.
However I don’t want to be stuck in waiting for it too cook and the convenience isn’t worth the price tag at the supermarket however now you don’t have to as you can do it in your slow cooker!
I make ours with a little spice mix on the outside to give it a little bit more flavour but this is one of the easiest things ever to make in the slow cooker and one that can be adapted into so many different meal options. Once cooked the chicken really does fall of the bone so there is no wastage either.
- Medium whole chicken
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Cayanne Pepper
- Mix all spices and oil together to make a rub
- Scrunch up 2 balls of foil and place them in the slow cooker, then place the chicken on top.
- Brush or rub the mix on top of the chicken until it is all covered.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and heat on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours
- Remove from the slow cooker and enjoy! The meat will simply fall off to bone.
As i said, really easy and one tasty meal with little fuss required.
We have a Breville slow cooker which we have had for a while and it didn’t break the bank. This one is a great size and value for money.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link