Being a parent is the most exciting, scary, rewarding, stressful job in the world. I doubt there is anything that even comes close to it if I’m honest.
However the reality of being a parent isn’t all pretty crafts and perfect bakes in this household, in fact let me share some of the best bits with you.
You know you’re a parent when….
- You learn to enjoy your cuppa cold as you never get a chance to drink it hot!
- You class getting up at 7am a lie in as you are normally up before the sun, bleary eyed and fulled by caffeine for the day.
- Being a ninja dancing through Lego becomes 2nd nature otherwise you are guaranteed to stand on it when checking in on the kids at bedtime.
- Just as you sit down to eat your breakfast/lunch or dinner one of the kids will need something doing and it will be so urgent that it just can not wait any longer, so like in number 1 you get used to eating your food cold!
- The moment you jump in a nice relaxing bath or shower after warning them you’ll be in the bathroom one of them will need the toilet and it wont be quick trip either….
- A succesful shopping trip is one where you get what you need and get home without any tantrums, breakages or costing a small fortune buying something they don’t need!
- You wait till either the kids are in bed asleep or out of ear shot of the kitchen to eat your favourite treat without sharing.
- You buy an extra box of your favourite ice creams and hide them in another draw of the freezer so the kids don’t eat them all!
See being a parent is the most rewarding thing in the world, if a little challenging.
However do you know what, I wouldn’t change a thing!
This post may contain affiliate links – this does not influence the contents or cost you anything extra however we may receive a little compensation should you make any purchase