Everyone loves popcorn so being challenged by Butterkist to come up with a yummy recipe using their popcorn was a challenge I was more than willing to accept!
Butterkist sent me an amazing selection of their popcorn range to pick from so the challenge was on. After a bit of brainstorming and having a look at the amazing ideas that other bloggers have come up with, the idea of ice cream popped up and so it began.
Now I’ve never made ice cream, nor do I have an ice cream machine so I had to find a recipe to get the basic recipe and then work out how to incorporate the popcorn into the recipe.
I will be honest I had absolutely no idea how this was going to turn out and was completely winging the recipe from start to finish however I even surprised myself with how delicious it turned out. The recipe itself is really easy once you get going and the result is amazing. The ice cream has a really strong flavour of toffee popcorn and is lovely and sweet too.
A great way to finish a meal or just enjoy with your favourite film.
Butterkist toffee popcorn recipe
- 210g Caster Sugar
- 2 large eggs, plus 4 yolks
- 600ml Double cream
- 2tbs icing sugar
- Large bag of Butterkist toffee popcorn
- In a pan bring the double cream to a simmer with 3 large handful of popcorn. Once this is warmed through remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Place the eggs, egg yolks and caster sugar in a bowl. Whisk together and place over a pan of gently simmering water. Keep whisking for 5 minutes or until it is thick and pale (This is quicker if you have an electric whisk).
- Remove this mixture from the heat and continue to beat until it is cool.
- Strain your cream and popcorn mixture then whisk with 2 tablespoons of icing sugar until it thickens.
- Gently fold this mixture in with the egg mixture until it is well combined.
- Place in the freezer and leave to set for 6 hours
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link