Recently we were invited to incorporated Tenderstem into one of our family recipes.
With the cold weather coming we tend to use our slow cooker more and more so of course the only real recipe that I could go for was a delicious beef and broccoli, in a Chinese inspired sauce served with rice.
The thing I love about this dish is just how easy it is to prepare and cook.
Within 5 minutes you can have almost everything in the slow cooker ready to go for dinner later that day that not only smells but tastes delicious too.Simply served with rice, this is the perfect dinner for anyone in a hurry.
- 2 Sirlion steaks
- 1 Beef stock pot
- 375ml water
- 125ml soy sauce
- 40g soft brown sugar
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 1tsp lazy garlic or 4 cloves crushed
- 2tbs water
- 2tbs cornflour
- 220g Tenderstem broccoli
- Slice the steak into strips and add to the slow cooker
- Mix together all the other ingredients apart from those to be added near the end.
- Add the mixture to the beef in the slow cooker
- Turn on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-6 hours
- 30 minutes from the end mix the water and cornflour together.
- Mix this in to the slow cooker
- Add the tenderstem broccoli and stir in well
- Leave to cook with the lid on for another 30 minutes
- Serve with rice
If you do give this recipe a go, come back and let me know how you got on.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link