If you are planning ahead for your Christmas dinner or maybe just looking for something nice to cook around the festive period, this baked ham with maple mustard glaze is perfect for the whole family.
With lots of us spending time relaxing over the Christmas period but also looking forward to spending time with family, food for me plays a big part in all that. Having time off with loved ones with delicious food feels like a real treat. It is the time of the year I plan in advance so when it does come round I’m not stressing out about what we are going to eat or timings, it is ready to go with simple but delicious meals.
This glazed ham no different!
It is a simple but delicious recipe that everyone will love, plus perfect for leftovers the next day. The real star of this dish, however, is the gorgeous maple mustard glaze, giving it that final touch of yumminess.
As you can see from the recipe below, it is not too difficult to make and you are also not going to be spending too much time in the kitchen either, so even the cook can put their feet up for a while.
A delicious golden brown baked ham marinated in delicate-tasting golden maple syrup. The perfect Canadian Christmas dinner!
- 1 cooked, bone-in half ham (about 3.5kg)
- 15 whole cloves
- 85g dark brown sugar
- 85g delicate-tasting golden maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°c. Cut off the tough, leather like skin from ham if it has it and score the fat in a crosshatch pattern.
- Stud ham all over with cloves, put in a large roasting pan, and loosely tent with foil.
- Place the ham in the oven at 180°c-200° After 15 mins turn the temperature down to 160°c.
- While the ham is baking, make the glaze: In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, maple syrup, and mustard. Whisk until smooth.
- Brush the ham generously with the glaze and cook for a further 20 mins. Continue basting until the glaze is golden brown.
If you are after more delicious recipes, check out this section on the blog for inspiration.
This recipe was provided for us to share from Maple From Canada.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link