If you have been reading the blog for a while you will know I love any recipes that are quick and simple and this quick carrot and sweet potato soup is just that.
I am trying to be a bit more conscious of what I am eating, for me it is too easy to stick to the same easy convenient meals without really giving it a thought. The downside to that is it is not really helping my weight nor my gut as processed food just does not agree with me. Plus the reality is, there are no excuses for a poor diet with so many ingredients coming down in price and lots of recipes now available online.
There are lots of recipes out there for healthy lunches but some just require too much effort and ingredients for my liking.
This one is quick, simple and has ingredients in it that most of us have in our fridge. I do use my soup maker for this like in my leek and potato recipe, but that is just as I can pretty much throw it all in and leave it to do its thing with no input from me. I have this Morphy Richards soup maker which I picked up in the sale a few years ago and it is a worthwhile investment. You can saute in there before adding the rest of the ingredients to cook, doing everything from one machine.
- 1 onion - roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic (or half a tsp of lazy garlic)
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes or lazy chilli
- 2 carrots - peeled and roughly chopped
- 700g sweet potatoes - peeled and roughly chopped
- 700ml vegetable stock (this may be a bit much so only use what is required)
- Saute the onion, garlic and chilli for a few minutes in the soup maker
- Add all the other ingredients including the stock up to the max line
- Season well and set the machine off on a smooth cook
- Once it is cooked simply enjoy!
As with most of my soups, this recipe is incredibly versatile. For example, if you have slightly fewer potatoes than it needs but an extra couple of carrots, that is fine, just throw it in.
It is really a simple but delicious soup that can be kept in the fridge for 4 days after making.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link