This weekend we participated in the Cooking With Your Toddler event held by The Crazy Kitchen. Recipes are posted on to the site (and there are lots to pick from!) and you simply go pick a recipe and cook with your toddler then blog back about your outcome 🙂
So we decided to go with the Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes. However we did not have any fudge (neither did 2 local shops so we had to make a little amendment!)
Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes
125g Light Muscovado Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Extract
200g SR Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
50g Mini Fudge Chunks – We didn’t have these so added a bit of carnation carmel in the middle
50g Chocolate Chips – and we upped this to 100g as we did not have the fudge
- Pre-heat oven to 180 ºC
- Line 12 hole Muffin/Cupcake pan with cases
- Melt 100g butter with 125g light Muscovado Sugar, stir to dissolve and allow to cool
- Beat 3 eggs with 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Add in Butter / Sugar Mixture
- Combine 200g Sifted Flour and 1tsp Baking Powder with liquid Mix
- Fold in 50g Mini Fudge Chunks & 50g Chocolate Chips
- Divide into Muffin Cases
- Bake for 20 – 25 Minutes
- Allow to cool on wire rack
This recipe makes fab cupcakes but you really must let the butter and sugar mix cool otherwise you end up with marble cupcakes like us! (lucky it wasn’t scramble egg!)
I will leave you with our progress in pictures 🙂
Please note dog bones are not needed in this recipe!
Kayleigh beating the eggs for me.
Our butter and sugar mixing on the hob!
However this is what happens if you mix it with the dry ingredients too fast!
They were yummy!! Thank you The Crazy Kitchen for the recipe!