When I cook, I would say that 90% of the recipes we try are either made up as I go along or massively different from the recipe I’m following (usually as i don’t have the ingredients/don’t like something or generally forget to put it in).
So for lunch today I decided to go for a throw it all in and hope sort of recipe and used several other recipes I had seen as a bit of inspiration as to what works and it was delicious! Perfect for lunch or a light evening meal, this chorizo and vegetable soup is certain to fill that gap.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped into 1.5cm chunkes
- 150g green beans, trimmed and cut into 3cm pieces
- 100g chorizo sausage, skinned and cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (or more if you like it hot)
- 2 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 400g haricot beans
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry gently for 5 minutes until softened but not coloured, stirring often.
- Add the chorizo, paprika and carrots to the pan and cook on a low heat for a couple of minutes, stirring until the chorizo releases its oil.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, stock, chilli flakes and sugar and turn the heat up.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 12 minutes.
- Add the canned beans and fresh beans then season with salt and pepper before bringing it back to a simmer.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Serve with fresh bread for a delicious dinner.
Check our our other recipes on the site here.
This post may contain affiliate links – this does not influence the contents or cost you anything extra however we may receive a little compensation should you make any purchase