Today is the day we are all sitting around feeling a little bit on the podgy side after eating far too much food over the last couple of day and wanting to cook something really simple for dinner using up the last of the food from Christmas day. The great thing is at this time of the year, your leftover turkey can give you some great tasting meals for a few days post Christmas!
This recipe is really simple and can be easily adapted to whatever you may have lying around in the fridge plus it takes a few minutes to prepare and stick in the oven whilst you relax!
*Recipe* Leftover Turkey Pie
- 500g Leftover turkey chunks/slices (would work with chicken too)#
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 carrot (thin slice)/leftover Christmas veg
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1 tbs plain flour
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 pack of puff pastry
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5
- Sweat of the carrot and oninion in a little oil until soft
- Add in the turkey
- In a seperate pan melt the butter then add the flour and cook off for a few minutes
- Add in your stock to the butter and flour pan and mix well. Leave to simmer for a few minutes.
- Keep some of the liqiuid mix to one side for a little gravy.
- Add the remaining liquid to an oven proof dish alongside the turkey and vegetables,
- Roll out the puff pastry and lay over the filling, this can be brushed with a mixed egg wash.
- Pop in the oven for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden
- Serve with new potatoes and enjoy
This dish really could be adapted to whatever you may have lying in the fridge such as leeks or peas but its so easy and versatile, everyone can enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link