This post may contain Affiliate Links - this just means we may earn a few pence for every purchase made through our links
#Ad – This is a collaborative post
As the world is starting to return to some sort of pre-COVID normal, though in reality it never will, lots of people are starting to look at plans to travel again.
For many people, being locked down has given them the desire to travel and see the world more than ever before. As many countries start to open their borders again, lots of people are planning to make their escape in search of sunshine, sea and maybe even a little snow! I personally have loved being at home, as I’m a little bit of a hermit, however, it has made me realise that you can never take too much for granted and maybe we should make the most of things we have around us.
We have not really travelled much due to financial restrictions and not much has changed on that part thanks to the lockdown! However, it has given me a chance to sit back and think of the places I would love to visit in the coming years as we are able to.
Here is a list of places I would love to visit before the kids grow up and fly the nest!
- Scotland – This one is a bit of an odd one, my mum’s side of the family is Scottish and I’ve only ever been to Scotland once, which was for my nan’s funeral. I would love the chance to head up there as a family and explore a little more. It is our long term goal that we intend to retire up to Scotland, to a place with a little more space, fresh air and amazing views. For us, it would be great to explore some potential new home areas before we do move and also get a feel for how our new life could look. There are some gorgeous locations to stay, with some amazing lodges with hot tubs!
- A safari – I’ve heard so many amazing things about safaris that I would love the chance to go on one. When I did my photography course up at the zoo, the lady teaching also taught in Africa at safari points. It was just amazing to hear her stories and see some of the pictures she had taken over the years there. Voyage Privé website has a wide selection of holidays to choose from, it would be my long term goal to achieve this one!
- Walt Disney World® Resort Florida – This has been on my wish list since the children were little, it has always been a little out of our reach however I am not working so hard behind the scenes on lots of little things that I hope turn into big things for us as a family. There is just something magical about this place that I know could create so many memories for us as a family that I would just like the chance to explore it!
- Lanzarote – We have not been to Lanzarote in a while, in fact, 2015 was the last time we visited this beautiful island. This is a place I call our 2nd home, from the moment we land in Arrecife I instantly feel at ease. The warm breeze and glorious sunshine always seem to greet us on arrival and it is very welcomed. If you have never been to Lanzarote, it should be on your to-visit list, it just has this magical feel to it that draws you in and makes you never want to leave! You can read more on all our trips to Lanzarote here.
- New York – For years I have thought that New York at Christmas just looks magical. It would be great if we could visit, even if it is just for a long weekend, in the build-up to Christmas. Yes I know it is likely to be cold but I would sacrifice my wet and the windy UK for a visit there! New York City is also one of the best places for Solo female travellers.
We have lots of plans to travel post-COVID-19, how they turn out I am not sure, one thing I have learnt this year is not to expect things to go as you planned. It has definitely also taught me that we need to make the most of every moment as we literally do not know what is around the corner.
I know that travelling in the future is not going to be like it has been in the past, however, I am hoping that life returns to some sort of new acceptable normal and we are able to enjoy the wonders of the world a little more than before!