Being able to make money from home is amazing, however, we lack space in our home so our office is in our bedroom.
This isn’t ideal however it is the only place we can put it & it works for us.
It does, however, mean that I have to make sure we are super organised to make sure our work doesn’t take over all the bedroom space.
With this in mind there are lots of steps I take to make sure we stay organised and don’t get overloaded:
- Clear desk, clear mind – There will never be anyone that will convince me that it is not off-putting having lots of paperwork and other things all over your desk. I will always be in the clear desk, clear mind camp. Make sure you stay on top of your paperwork, file it away, recycle it, put it in a to-do pile. Don’t let it pile up everywhere though! You can also minimize desk clutter by properly disposing of old electronics using recycling sites to sell your Apple products and other devices no longer used, to help free up space.”
- Label everything – How many notepads do you have? Not to mention folders and files?! Label everything up so you don’t need to go rummaging to find out what everything is. You can now even get sticker printing done for you, then all you need to do is pop them on your stuff. You can get this done at Helloprint, who this post is collaborated with.
- Get a planner – I have planners that I use for different things, so I have this beautiful Busy B’s one for home and a different one for work. Planning your content/workload makes everything seem so much more achievable.
- Only buy the bare essentials in stationary – Hands up, I love stationary however I’ve been overrun in the past with countless notepads, pens and files! There have been times that I have lost notes and plans as I can’t remember which pad I wrote it on. You don’t need to have too much stationery around so make sure you have just what you need.
- Switch it all off at the end of the day – If you work in an office, then chances are you will put all your bits away at the end of the day, so why don’t you do the same at home? Make sure things are filed away, pens put away and the desk generally tided up. It means you start the next day with a fresh start too.
These are just some of my top tips for ensuring my home office space stays organised. What are your top tips for ensuring you work in an organised way?
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link