Good morning and welcome back to this week’s Foodie Friday. Last week we launched and opened up our first linky for slow cooker recipes. We had 10 recipes linked up last week which, for our first week, was amazing. Thank you to all the bloggers who took the time to link up and share their recipes.
Now I don’t use my slow cooker often but looking at the recipes linked up, I’m missing a trick! I’ve gone through all the recipes and picked my favourite five to share with you in this post. However, if you are after inspiration head over to last weeks post and check them all out.
For now though, here are 6 yummy slow cooker recipes you should try:
- Smoky Baby Back Ribs – I have never cooked ribs in my slow cooker before but that is going to change. This recipe from Foodie Home Chef walks you through step by step how to make these delicious ribs. They look absolutely amazing and are going to be appearing on our meal plan as soon as I can get some ribs from the butchers.
- Simple slow cooker bolognese – Bolognese is one of those dishes on most peoples meal plans. Did you know that you could make it in the slow cooker? Fiona from Savvy in Somerset shared this great recipe to make it in the slow cooker with minimal effort. I know when we are back to school that this will be featuring in our house!
- Cowboy Casserole – One thing I love about linky’s is discovering new recipes. I had never heard of Cowboy Casserole before but it sounds so yummy I can’t wait for the cooler weather to roll on in so I can give this a go. I loved on this recipe the suggestions near to bottom on how to adjust the recipe to suit your family to, such a great idea.
- BBQ Pulled Pork (Slimming World Friendly) – Pulled pork is a firm favourite in this house however Boo Roo and Tigger Too shared this great Slimming World friendly version. With your homemade sauce, this is sure to be packed full of flavour.
- Lamb In Red Wine Sauce – I have never attempted to cook lamb in my slow cooker, I just never braved it. However, this recipe from RecipePocket could be about to change that. This recipe cooks the lamb in a rich red wine sauce, making it tender and delicious.
- Tomato & Spinach Pasta – Did you know you could do a pasta dish in the slow cooker? I didn’t but this clever recipe is perfect for those who are limited on time. Cooking the pasta and cooling it before placing in the fridge until you are ready to use it in the evening is a great hack. The sauce can then simmer during the day and when you get home you can just add the pasta back to heat through, genius! This is my favourite type of pasta dish with tomato and spinach, I can’t wait to try it.
These are 6 different but no doubt equally tasty for you to try out in your slow cooker.
For this weeks linky we are turning to the sweet corner and are asking for your best cookie recipes. I love baking cookies and our Smarties recipe is always a huge hit, but I would love to see what your favourite recipe is.
Grab our badge –
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link