Good evening, the 1st of December is here and I see lots of Christmas trees are going up already. Ours went up today as is our tradition and it is looking all festive in our house.
Is it really Christmas though, if you don’t have mince pies?! After all, what is Santa going to have as a snack when he arrives?
These maple mince pies are not only easy to make, but they are also perfect for the whole family to enjoy. That perfect sweet treat with a yummy mix of fruit to enjoy with it.
With many of us seeing our family and friends over the festive season there is no need to reach for the shop bought version of these, why not do a bit of baking with the kids and get into the Christmas spirit.
- 1 jar mincemeat (600g)
- 2 satsumas segmented
- 1 apple finely chopped
- Zest 1 lemon
- 100ml delicate-tasting golden maple syrup
- For the pastry:
- 375g plain flour
- 260g unsalted butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Place 375g plain flour and 260g softened unsalted butter in a bowl and rub together to a crumb consistency.
- Add 125g caster sugar and 1 large beaten egg and mix together.
- Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and fold until the pastry comes together, be careful not to over mix.
- Wrap the pastry in cling film and chill for 10 mins or overnight.
- Scoop the large jar of mincemeat into a bowl and add 2 segmented satsumas, 1 finely chopped apple, zest of 1 lemon and maple syrup.
- Heat the oven to 220°C/gas 7
- Roll out pastry to 3mm thick and using a round cutter (about 10cm), cut out 16 bases and place them into muffin trays. Put 1 ½ tbsp mincemeat mixture into each. Brush the edge of each pie with a little beaten egg.
- Re-roll out the pasty and garnish with a maple shaped cutter on top. Glaze with the beaten egg, sprinkle with the extra caster sugar, then make a small cut in the tops.
- Bake the mince pies for 15-20 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool before releasing them from the muffin trays and dusting with a little more icing sugar before serving.
I’m sure you will agree on these look amazing and if you give them a try you will taste how amazing they are too! Let me know if you give these a try as we are big fans of maple mince pies now!
This yummy recipe has kindly been provided by Maple from Canada, you can check more of their recipes over here.
You can also check out our other recipes here.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link