Now I have a shiny new mixer, I’m even more determined to get in the kitchen and baking. I’m not the worlds greatest cook but I’m willing to give it a go and any
sucessful tasty recipes we make will be shared on the blog.
There is no where better to start than with a good old classic Victoria Sponge Cake! The ingredients are easy and something most of us have in our cupboard and it is super easy to make.
- 225g Butter, softened
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 225g Self-raising flour
- 2tsp Baking powder
- For the filling:
- 4 tbsp of your favourite flavoured jam
- 150g Butter, softened
- 150g Icing sugar
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Lightly grease and line 2 deep loose bottomed 20cm/8inch sandwich tins
- Pre-heat the overn to 180 degrees/fan 160 degrees/ gas mark 4
- Place the butter, sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder into a large bowl and mix for about 2 minutes using an electric mixer
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two tins and level out
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until well risen and golden, it should spring back when lightly pressed.
- Leave the cakes o cool for a couple of minutes then turn them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the butter cream beat the butter and icing sugar together with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Spread the jam evenly on one half of the cake and top with the butter cream.
- Place the other cake on top and dust with icing sugar
All that is left to do is cut yourself a slice and sit down with a nice cuppa!
If you have enjoyed this delicious cake why not have a look at our other yummy sweet recipes.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link