It is the 2nd of August already and I almost forgot to write my aims and goals post for the month!
July was a tough month in many ways, work was busy, life was busy and it felt like I never really achieved anything. Due to lack of time and motivation, I abandoned all the blogs pretty much and that was reflected in my work and income for the month.
Now I’ve had 2 weeks away from work to recharge and refresh, I am raring to go and plan on making August the best month yet. I do also want to take advantage of the time off though and work on refining the blogs that I have and improving the stats, SEO and reach etc. After all, I already have a lot of content to share, I just need to learn more on promoting and extending its reach.
These aims and goals are not here to set me up to fail, they are here to get my mind a bit more focused on the tasks needed and ensure that I achieve everything I want to achieve.
Before we go into this months goals, like always, a recap on the previous month.
Recap on Goals for July 2020
Personal goals –
- Work out more consistently – Didn’t work out at all so this was a failure!
- Take time out – I have done this, sometimes more than others but I have worked on a better balance.
- Try out some new family meals – We have tried some, no new family favourites yet though.
Blog goals –
- Get scheduled up – I am a few days ahead of myself now (apart from this post!). I have set up a little spreadsheet which is 2 weeks time and has all my blogs listed on there so I can focus on the posts needed first.
- Increase my 2 new blogs social media – Not really done anything on this.
- Increase my DA – Still bouncing where it was apart from the home blog which has increased.
Overall July was not too bad considering the limited time and effort spent on it. There is still lots of room for improvements though.
Goals for August 2020
Personal goals –
- Spend more time as a family – I have noticed in lockdown we have spent less time as a family, the longer it has gone on. We’ve just got into the habit of doing our own thing, which in itself is fine, I just would like to spend more time as a family. So we are going back to Friday being family night. We will get a takeaway in and either watch a film or play some games together as a family.
- Make the most of the summer holidays – This is my 3rd summer holiday off, I just want to make sure this time I enjoy it! We are a bit limited on things to do with everything going on but we can still enjoy it. Whether I spend time catching up with the programs recorded, head out with the kids for a walk or just bake a cake. I want to go back to work in September knowing we have enjoyed our summer.
- Get better sleep – My sleep over the last few weeks has been awful, late nights, early mornings and interrupted sleep in between. I’m not sure why it is so bad lately but I need to look at a way to improve it.
Blog goals –
- Schedule further in advance – By the time I head back to work, I would like to be scheduled 3-4 weeks in advance. Currently, I am about 3 days in advance so there is some work needed on this but I am sure I can get there.
- Work on SEO – I have avoided most SEO since I started blogging however I need to start working through this now to improve stats, on all blogs.
- Line up some collaborations – I want to end this month with some great collaborations lined up, this may need me to actually go out pitching, which is outside my comfort zone, however, is something I would like to do.
- Learn more about Pinterest – This is one of my favourite social media platforms so I would like to learn more about its SEO/Keywords etc so I can ensure I am using it correctly.
I have so many other things I want to achieve this month, however, I don’t want to not be able to achieve anything by giving me an unachievable list for aims and goals. I am going to keep pushing on and hopefully, I can achieve more than those on the list.