Ok I know this is late, however, I am planning to get back into the swing of blogging and make sure my aims and goals are set on the first of the month.
The irony is, one of my goals was the schedule posts, not only did I not do that, but I have also published this post a week late. All I can say is life has got in the way and hopefully some sort of normality will resume in the coming weeks. It has all just gone a bit crazy here and I’ve lost my organisational skills it appears, but I am back on it and hopefully, things will get back on track this month.
Before I get into this months goals, here is a recap of the previous month. If you can call it a recap!
Recap on aims and goals for May 2021
Personal goals –
- Keep going with the healthier eating – Lasted 2 more weeks then I had a few health issues so stopped and ate what I wanted. This didn’t help either but it’s done now.
- Get fit – Whoops.
- Take more time out – This one I did achieve, however, I wasn’t organised enough so now having to run around even more. When will I learn?!
Blog goals –
- Work on old content SEO – Started it but never finished.
- Start getting ahead in scheduled posts – Didn’t even start.
- Increase stats all around – I haven’t even looked, so I will look at this next month.
Aims and goals for June 2021
Personal goals –
- Get back on track with the healthier eating – I was doing so well with it and to be honest, I was feeling so much better on it. So, it is time to get back onto the plan and stick to it.
- Find a balance – At the moment there is no balance between work or downtime and there needs to be. Because of this, I find myself feeling guilty about taking time out when I should just be enjoying that time.
- Organise our finances – We have big things due soon so I need to get our finances organised, this includes our remortgage and other things. It will take some time to get sorted, however, it will hopefully save us some money in the long run.
Blog goals –
- Work on old content SEO – The aim for this is 10 posts a week, a bit ambitious but it should hopefully make a difference with the traffic going forward. This in turn can help with the next aim.
- Increase paid work – I do ok with this blog, but I want to progress now. Over time I’ve become a bit static and I want to grow this blog and my other blogs to bring more income in over a period of time.
- Get all the blogs scheduled – I work on 3 blogs in total, however, when my time is limited the two smaller blogs get dropped for a bit. I would like to get to a point where I am scheduling posts on those blogs, even if it is only 1 a week. It just shows the blogs are still active and hopefully brings in a few more readers.
I set these aims and goals to push on with things, not to fail. Lately, though, I haven’t really been looking back at my targets set and just running through the month at 100mph. This month I plan to stick my goals to my computer, so every time I sit down I can see them as a reminder. Then when I get a spare 10 minutes, rather than browsing Instagram, I could work on some SEO or just get some words on a page.
Hopefully doing it this way I will save myself a little work in the week and then should free up some time for me!
Do you set any aims and goals for the month? I’d love to hear them.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link