- 2 large Bramley apples
- 1 Lemon
- 350g Frozen blackberries
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 150g butter
- 50g Demerara sugar
- 100g Porridge oats
- Greek yoghurt with cinnamon to serve, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200c /gas mark 6
- Peel, core and chop the apples into small chunks. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the apple and mix well.
- Layer the apples, blackberries and Demerara sugar in a large pie dish.
- Place the flour in a large bowl and then rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the oats and caster sugar and mix through.
- Sprinkle the topping over the fruit and transfer to the oven for 30 minutes.
- Stir in a pinch of ground cinnamon into a pot of greek yoghurt and serve with the crumble.
Fiona’s Simple SkinTrition™ tip
Blackberries are rich in phytochemicals called anthocyanins which can help to strengthen the walls of tiny blood vessels and may help to prevent thread veins.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link