- 100g pudding rice
- 600ml semi-skimmed milk
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 x 400g can of apricots in natural juice
- Zest of 3 oranges
- Handful of toasted flaked almons or pomegranate seeds to garnish
- Place the rice, sugar and milk in a large non-stick saucepan. Bring the milk to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently for about 20 minutes or until the milk has been absorbed and the rice is soft.
- While the rice is cooking drain the apricots from the juice and place in a blender with the orange zest and blend until smooth, adding a little of the juice if necessary.
Spoon the rice pudding into a serving bowl and top with a spoonful of apricot puree and decorate with toasted flaked almonds or pomegranate seeds. Serve hot or cold.
- You can also cook this puddin in the oven. Pre heat oven to 150c/gas mark 2, buttr a large heat proof baking dish, add the rice, milk and sugar and to mix cook for 1 1/2 – 2 hours or until pudding wobbles slightly when shake.
For extra fruitiness add a large handful of dried cranberries to the rice.
Fiona’s Simple SkinTrition™ tip
Apricots are rice in beta-carotene which can help to protect the skin from damage by free radicals.