Good evening and welcome back to another Foodie Friday round-up.
Last week in honour of the start of Great British Bake Off we had a theme of cakes! Everyone loves cakes and I can’t wait to share 6 great cake recipes for you to give a go this week. Did you manage to watch it this week? There were some amazing looking cakes in the showstopper, much better than I could have created.
Anyway, back to this weeks round-up. If the show has got you in the baking mood, then I have the perfect list for you.
6 cake recipes you need to give a go!
- Chocolate Storm Cake – This recipe looks like a chocolate fans heaven! I love the way the recipe cooks the cake slightly quicker at the beginning to get the rise then slowly after that, allowing it to remain moist in the middle. It looks divine!
- Chunky monkey brownies – Chocolate and banana are always a great combination and these brownies sound delicious! I think the combination using the banana is a great way of not making them taste too sweet whilst still hitting that sweet spot.
- Peach cake – I love the sound of this recipe, it is perfect for those on a budget or maybe just those who need a sweet treat every now and again and do not keep ingredients in the house. On the table in under 40 minutes makes it the perfect midweek treat!
- Madeira cake – Our Madeira cake is one of our most popular recipes on the blog. It is simple to make and tastes amazing, it is one that we always go back to when we are in the mood for a bit of cake!
- The world’s best lemon drizzle cake – Ever since I have seen this recipe from A Mummy Too, I have had it bookmarked to try. I love lemon drizzle cake and this one looks light and tasty so well worth a go!
- Rhubarb Cake Traybake – I have never baked with rhubarb as I just don’t know how to use it, however the next time I see some I will be picking it up to give this traybake a go. It sounds delicious and the fact it can be eaten with ice cream, on its own or with a packed lunch makes it a perfect cake for us.
There are some amazing recipes out there for cakes and even if you feel like you are not the best baker, these recipes are perfect for any baking level. Why not give them a go next time you get a sweet craving rather than reaching for the shop brought one.
For this week’s linky theme is chicken dishes, it is one of my favourite meats to use as I find it so versatile, however, I do find that I stick with the same recipes as it is just convenient. So, if you have a delicious recipe on your blog that uses chicken, we would love you to join in with our linky.
The way the linky works:
- Drop a link in the linky for your recipe that follows the theme.
- I will comment on and pin every recipe shared – if you are not following already you can check out our Pinterest here.
- Share the love, comment on others linked up, share the posts or grab our badge – blogging communities thrive by supporting each other
- In next weeks post, I will pick my favourite recipes for that them and open up a new linky for the following week.
Link up your favourite chicken dishes below:
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link