With the kids being home more, it has been time to get back into the kitchen and baking with them.
I have never been very good at crafting, nor has it been my strong point to come up with creative play ideas. However, I can bake and we find this is something we can do together and all enjoy.
It doesn’t need to be complicated though, kids love to be in the kitchen helping, as long as they know the end result is going to be yummy. There is also no need to have lots of complicated baking ingredients or equipment in your hours. It can be doing with the basics and still come out amazing.
Here are some of the easiest yet tasty recipes you can bake and make with kids at home:
- Chocolate chip cookies – We always come back to this recipe as the kids love to create their own cookies, if you haven’t got chocolate chips in then that is no problem, we’ve recreated these with smarties and mini eggs, both times they were just as delicious.
- Chunky rocky road with m&m’s – I love rocky roads, it is always a winner with me. Kids love it too as it is packed full of all their favourite things. This recipe also calls for M&M’s which such a good addition! It is also such a simple recipe for kids to help out with, I’m sure you will have lots of offers of help when you get started with this one.
- Malteaser slice biscuit cake -If you are looking for something that is quick but also full of chocolate, this recipe is one for you. Kids will love making this one and probably eating it even more!
- Easy Oreo Fudge Recipe– Oreos are my all-time favourite biscuit, so combining this with fudge is a winner! With just 4 ingredients too, it is super easy to make with kids.
- Strawberry Yogurt Pops – This recipe is perfect for the summer weather we are currently getting, the kids will love making these and then sitting outside in the warm summer days eating them.
- Fairy cakes – For easy fairy cake recipes, check out our super easy recipe which is ready in less than 20 minutes!
This is just a small selection of recipes you can make with the kids, whether you are looking for something to entertain them or a recipe to create something delicious.
As well as the above recipes, Pinterest is also a great source of inspiration and ideas. I have lots of ideas pinned to various boards which you can check our here.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link