When it comes to baking I am ok, not great but can follow a simple recipe but one thing that has always caused me issues is cookies.
I don’t know what it is about them but they are either under cooked or so over cooked that by the time they’ve cooled they are likely to cause and injury or broken tooth.
However we finally hit some success last week with my cookie recipe (we’ll just ignore the trip to A&E with suspected broken wrist after I accidentally turned my kitchenaid on whilst removing the attachment…)
These are not only easy but super tasty too!
- 125g butter (room temperature)
- 100g light brown sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 200g chocolate chips
- Preheat the over to gas mark 4 (180 degrees)
- Cream together the butter and sugar until well mixed.
- Add the vanilla and egg, then mix
- Sift in the flour, salt and chocolate chips and then combine well.
- Roll into 12 even size balls
- Place on 2 lined baking sheets
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until just golden round the edges (these will come out soft to touch but will firm up when cooled.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to the wire rack to cool
If you have enjoyed this recipe make sure you head over and see our other delicious sweet receipes.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link