I was very fortunate to be sent two Master Class Artesà Mini Gratin Dish from Silver Mushroom to use in a recipe of my choice not long after we came back from holiday however I’ve really struggled to come up with a recipe that I was happy to share on the blog, until now!
After a couple of attempts today I finally cracked a double chocolate chip cookies recipe that is delicious and got the thumbs up from the whole family too.
This recipe is enough to make two of these skillet cookies as well as 16 normal cookies too, so you can just adjust what you are making depending on how many skillet cookies you make. Of course, you could just half the recipe to make less too.
These really are delicious but also very filing too so you may think about sharing them between 2 of you too! Served with ice cream, they really are the perfect ending to any meal or as a nice treat midweek too after a busy day at work or school.
- 250g butter (room temperature)
- 200g light brown sugar
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 450g self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 200g chocolate chips
- 200g white chocolate - chopped into chunks
- Preheat the over to gas mark 4 (180 degrees)
- Cream together the butter and sugar until well mixed.
- Add the vanilla and egg, then mix
- Sift in the flour, salt and both chocolates and then combine well.
- Roll into 16 even size balls
- Place on lined baking sheets
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until just golden round the edges (these will come out soft to touch but will firm up when cooled.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to the wire rack to cool
- Put the cookie mixture into the skillets and flatten it down
- Leave a gap about 1cm at the top for the cookie to cook
- Pop in the oven for approx 45 minutes
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes then dive in!
This post may contain affiliate links – this does not influence the contents or cost you anything extra however we may receive a little compensation should you make any purchase